The Dearborn High School Parent Faculty Student Association (PFSA) established the Scholarship fund during the 2006-2007 school year to reward and recognize outstanding DHS Seniors as they pursue a higher education. The DHS PFSA is a volunteer based organization at DHS for parents, faculty, students and administration to foster a good working relationship between home and school by encouraging parental involvement in volunteering programs, and school activities.
The number of and amount of each scholarship is determined by the PFSA annually based on the amount of funds available. It is subject to change each year. Recipients of the PFSA Scholarship will receive a check issued to the Accredited University/College of their choice. For the 2019-2020 School Year the PFSA has approved four $500 Scholarships.
- Graduating Senior.
- Attended Dearborn High School a minimum of two years; Junior and Senior years.
- Attending an accredited college or university.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or lawful permanent resident.
- Must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Must have had a PFSA membership a minimum of two years of which one is during their senior year.
- Participation in PFSA sponsored meetings/events will be considered.
Criteria for Award of Funds: Complete application (link to document is below). The application must be submitted along with a letter of recommendation from a DHS teacher and a 250-300 word essay. The essay is “Words of wisdom to myself as an incoming freshman at Dearborn High School”.
Submit the application, letter of recommendation and essay to the DHS Counseling Office.
The Selection Committee will consist of the following:
- DHS Principal or designee.
- DHS Counselor.
- Two members of the PFSA Executive Board.
No member of the Selection Committee can be related by blood, marriage, adoption or guardianship to any of the applicants. Decisions by the Selection Committee will be final.
All Eligibility Requirements must be met to be eligible for the PFSA Scholarship. Final determination of the PFSA Scholarship is based on the results from the PFSA essay by the Selection Committees’ decision from the eligible pool of applicants.
PFSA Scholarship Application Submission Deadline is Friday, April 17, 2020.